Find
Notify
Tools

Rossi .22 feeding problems.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted
Rossi pump 22lr rifle doesnt like its diet. Can anyone offer any pointers for this issue?

AK-47
The only Communist Idea that Liberals don't like.

Posts: 10173 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Could you please describe the exact nature of the feeding issue? Failure to feed back, failure to feed up, failure to feed into chamber? Type of ammo?

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The pointy part goes in first. sofa
Sorry I could not resist. I was told that by a young student during a class I was giving to first time shooters.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1511 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
clean it

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Found it. The primary culprit was that the carrier lever spring was weak and no longer providing enough lift. A little tweak, removed a couple old "wear burrs" and some polishing of roughly machined parts and she is right as rain again. I also found that the extractor was kind of hanging up on the carrier towards the end of the rearward movement of the action. There is metal removed from the carrier at that point by design to accommodate that very thing, I just removed a little more. If anyone else has such issues, that would be something to watch for.

Posts: 10173 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote