New
Find
Notify
Tools

30/06
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I saw a post one one of the boards where a fellow sent his 06 to be accurized and he got the paper work back and was told that he would get over 4000fps.I think with a 180gr.bullet said he would post results when he got he's gun back.Has anyone else saw this post.Was wanting to know how this turned out.Thanks

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
The has been smoking some funny looking cigarettes.

<OTTO>
posted
Did they ream out the chamber to a .50BMG case?

------------------
From my cold, dead hands!
Thanks Chuck!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am serious guys I read this and I cannot remember which board it was on or the topic.I don't drink and I don't smoke but I am wondering if I did read this now.The guy went on to say that he received papers from the company that he had do the work for him and he thought that the secatery sent him the wrong papers stating what to expect out of the gun,then he said he called or got in touch with a balistic expert,and he would report his vel.when he got his gun back.

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
That was Doc Garnet and it was 3000 fps. I posted to get it back to the top of the Reloading Forum.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,I looked and looked for that post to se if he had ever got his rifle back and tried it,I was a little off on the fps too he said 3047fps but that still puts it at 300 mag speeds.Maybe he will post the results soon,sure am curious.Thanksagain Don.

<Doc Garnett>
posted
Hey Guys!
I haven't forgotten you, but I haven't had a chance to run the rifle and ammo through its paces as planned. If you recall, one or two VERY accomplished competition shooters and precision handloaders, whose abilities far out-distance mine, agreed to perform some serious testing. The trouble is we all have other obligations (Doggone this adulthood!) and haven't been able to get together. But we will and I will post a detailed report. Believe me, I'm more impatient to get this done than anyone!
Regards --
-- Doc