THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H&K Fabarm change to other choke tubes ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted
HI all, I bought this shotgun a few years back an love shooting it, only problem is I only have two choke tubes for it.
Been looking around and nothing, called H&K and they are no longer making them . bummer, it’s a sweet gun.

What to do ? can I have a gunsmith cut the end of the barrel off and tap it for say Benelli so I could get I could get tubes for it ?
Or just sell it , im open to all suggestions .

Thanks

Posts: 132 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check Trulock chokes.
They have tubes for HK Fabarms shotguns.

Posts: 313 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dian 1 , I just thought i had looked, will be making a call on monday. Thanks again!!!!

Posts: 132 | Location: oklahoma city ,oklahoma ,usa | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, if you have an improved cylinder, thats about all you would ever need. A multiplicity of chokes does little for performance but only serves to mollify a worried mind. Other than maybe a full for turkey but if you don't hunt turkey (I dont) I/C is really all a guy needs. If you have yet to pattern your gun shou should. You wil likely be very surprised at how tight a mod choke is even at 30 yards which is long shot in a bird. At 40 I/C looks ¡muy bueno!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out these guys. It looks like they bought up most of the Fabarm stuff

cdnn

Posts: 496 | Location: ME | Registered: 08 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
It is not one of the Benelli's with H&K on it is it? If so I have a solution. They made a few Benellis with a different choke system than the rest. If so call me at 336-657-1204. God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Penetrater
posted Hide Post
its an H&K H368 lion , the 2 tubes i have are skeet 1 and full

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
How does the gun pattern?

I talked both my brother and my friend of the ledge with their Browning's; they were getting all googly-eyed about chokes. Then I had them pattern their guns and they wondered why they wasted all the money on MOD, IMP MOD and FULL. In point of fact, they both bought Briley I/C's and they both patterned TIGHTER than the Browning I/C's; why? They measured different.

What a choke is marked and how it patterns are two entirely different things. Choke is a relative constriction (which is the proper term for choke in my opinion) based on the comparative measurements of YOUR bore and the choke itself. In other words a Skeet 1 in your gun is different than THE SAME Skeet 1 on another gun IF the bores measure different, and most do. The pattern board is the cheapest but most important thing when it comes to shotguns.

I don't mean to soap-box this issue but shotgun chokes can be a moot issue sometimes.

What is it you intend to do with the gun if you keep it: birds, trap/skeet/ turkey, intruders?

Your intent should define your tool and if you choose the options above (since you have a full) as I said before, you are pretty well covered.

When you do get to a pattern board, remember the standard distance is 40 yards. That is a very long first shot on a bird, so keep in mind realistic hunting distances when you do this. Good Luck.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I know this is an okd post, but just in case Penetrator has it on noyify:
Fabarms are now imported by Sig.

It's the little things that matter.

Posts: 353 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote