New
Find
Notify
Tools

W E Brownell tools
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When did W E Brownell checkering tools go out of business? I always like them the best of the hand tools. Any info on where to find a couple of handles.

CO School of Trades 1976, Gunsmithing

Posts: 126 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
They were in business when I called last year:

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 776 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I think I still have Frank Mittermeiers catalog somewhere :-)

Posts: 6443 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.brownells.com

Mike Ryan - Gunsmith

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They don't show up on the web catalog in Brownell's.

Posts: 126 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are two different companies. W E Brownell does just the checkering tools, etc. Brownells is a huge company that once carried the W E Brownell line, now just the Dembart, etc. are carried there.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. --- Greek Proverb

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am aware they are different companies, I bought mine from Brownell's in '75 while at CST and that they are no longer stocked in the cat. I was wondering if W.E. Brownell is still operating or if someone bought them out.