New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Action Identification
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have an action that is cute and all, but I would likw to know what exactly it is. It has the same number and proof marks on the action, bilt head, and bolt body. The number continues to the trigger guard, spring screw, and trigger piece. The number is "1". THe proofs are a "U" and a "B". Some people say its British, others say it is German. The butterknife bolt handle looks German to me, but I am no expert. It has only one locking lug which is part of the bolt handles mounting. I have my guess what it is in general, but I would like some details or history on it. There is no serial number other than the "1" on all the parts. The set trigger works and will fire the round. The extractor is missing. The bolt face is .427" dia. Any idea what the value might be? Any help is very appreciated.
 -  -  -  -

Posts: 135 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 07 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here are some pics of the trigger assembly.  -  -  -  -

Posts: 135 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 07 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Looks like a French 1866 "Chassepot" sporterised with double triggers

http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/arms/rifles/armfrc.htm

Refer this link which has pictures of the bare action

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote