New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shelhamer Single Shot
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thought you might enjoy this pic. If anyone knows anything about the action I'd like to hear it.

Posts: 565 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
That's very nice, not something one sees everyday. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gasgunner

Check out page 299 in SINGLE SHOT RIFLES AND ACTIONS by Frank (take credit for someone else's design) de Hass. The pin holes are the same as is the lever and the caption says Kommer German sporting rifle.

Sorry about the slam about de Hass. I worked for Miller Arms building the action de Hass takes credit for and they have a MUCH different story!

Nice rifle you have pictured there!

gunmaker
http://users.elknet.net/chico

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Fla3006

You have a butt load of great looking rifles.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
fla3006
Nice rifle, but it looks like yours has a one piece lever/trigger guard and a very different much shorter falling block. Does the side view look anything like the other rifle?
gunmaker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments on the rifle. I just recently drug it home. The bonehead I got it from had put a Remington 20x BR scope on it. Being designed for receiver mounting, there was no way you coud get the scope back far enough to have the correct eye relief. Not to mention the scope was made about 25 years to late for this rifle. I pulled this targetspot JR off of another rifle. I'd really like to find a good old fecker for this rifle.

The rifle on pg 299 does look similar. The action also shares a lot in common with what DeHass calls the Kettner action on pg 279, except this one has a coil mainspring and the Kettner he has pictured has a flat hammer mainspring.

John
PS, anyone looking for a remington scope?

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
John, what caliber is this rifle?

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I got the rifle it been freshly rechambered to 6.5x50R. I say freshly because I don't think it had even been fired since the rechamber job. I suspect it was a 2 R Lovell and the dealer who had it thought it would be easier to sell in another caliber. I wish he'd a left it a Lovell myself.

John

White Oak Armament