Find
Notify
Tools

Wind River Custom Gunstocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
I handled a pre-64 M/70 30'06 and a Beretta O/U tonight that were both worked on by Bob Enright of Wind River Custom Gunstocks. The work I veiwed was very nice and both guns were working guns. The checkering on the M/70 was fantasic with even a little germanic carving for the fluer.

Have any of you had work done at this shop and what do you know of the work that has been seen?

Wind River Custom Gunstocks

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Don't know him. Work looks good though. He is a guild member someone on her should know him!

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I should have taken the pictures, but the wood to metal was perfect, yet still free floating the barrel. The Fleur De Lie in the checkering was hand carved like flowers and then the checkering around it, much more interesting that just part of the pattern.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanajcj
posted Hide Post
WOW he needs a new photographer. The guns look good from a distance, But the devil is in the details. He needs some up close money shots on his site. jj

LostHorizonsOutfitters.com
----------------------------
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"
Davy Crockett 1835
----------------------------

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, where else! | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanajcj:
WOW he needs a new photographer. The guns look good from a distance, But the devil is in the details. He needs some up close money shots on his site. jj

So true

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
That is whay I am glad I was able to handle the slick little M/70....the gun was old school pre-war type sporter. Very slim and light. Excellent workmanship.