Find
Notify
Tools

350 Remington Mag
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Don B
posted
I'm thinking of building a 350 Rem. Mag., but was wondering about the availability of either loaded ammo, or brass.
I can't seem to find either.
Doc

Posts: 218 | Location: Lawrenceville, GA | Registered: 22 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder what's going on? I looked at Graf's site and they are low on Remington brass for many calibers.

There has to be some factory loads out there. Remington just came out with another .350 version.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lot's of it in the local dealer when I went in last week. Maybe it's between runs in the factory. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don B
posted Hide Post
I ordered a stainless short action lefty MRC action over a year ago. I've changed my mind about caliber now a third time in the interval. I've decided on the 350 Rem Mag, but I would appreciate some suggestions on how to properly barrel this rascal. I definitely want NECG open sights, and I'm going with the Serengeti stock, and I'm going to "falcon-coat" (teflon?) so that it appears blued. Should I get a barrel band, what size barrel, and what length? I really like a rifle all done at about nine pounds, nine and a half max.
Suggestions appreciated.
Doc

Posts: 218 | Location: Lawrenceville, GA | Registered: 22 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is how I did it:

Montana Rifleman 1999 stainless short action
Lilja stainless 22� barrel with a 1 in 12� twist and .610� diameter at the muzzle
McMillan synthetic featherweight stock with a Decelerator recoil pad
Pillar bedded and floated
New England back-up iron sights
Leupold Quick Release bases with low rings
Bead blasted finish
Trigger set at 3 lbs
Leupold VX-lll 2.5x-8x matte scope
Weight-- Rifle with scope and sling 8.6 lbs

If you use the search feature, you will find a number of discussions regarding the .350 Rem. mag. CP.

Posts: 153 | Location: Wapiti Way, MT | Registered: 29 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I heard recently that China has been making incredibly large purchases on the world market of many raw materials and these are leading to shortages of several different materials in the US manufacturing markets.

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
My old partner has been shooting the .350 for 30 years, and the only deer that I ever saw with it's HEART BLOWN outside the body was from this caliber. He prefered the 250 grain spitzers in factory loadings.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote