Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 Jet
 Login/Join

posted
Got a quess for any of you guys> I have been shooting a T/C Contender for ALOT of years chambered in .22 Jet. I love this little caliber as its accurate and easy on the ears! Recently, I found an old H & R 158 in the same cal. Yesterday I begain the process of getting the O.A.L. for the H&R and found it to be 1.963 to the lands, my T/C is 1.682 to the lands. With the 40 gr. bullets I can't even come close to the lands in the rifle. My question is do any of you know if these rifles were free bored?(I know its not a Weatherby!) or do you think the throat has been shot out that bad? OR any other ideas? Thanks!!! RR

Posts: 16 | Location: N.C. | Registered: 16 March 2003Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Pour a chamber cast and look at it. That'll tell you all you need to know in about ten minutes.

I saw a M-158 with a .224 barrel once instead of the special .222 of the Jet. That could explain the loose throat.

one of us
posted Hide Post
H&R might have lengthened the throat to lessen the pressure reducing setback. I had a S&W 22Jet 6". Have you tried any of the 22RFcal inserts in your Contender? Yhey worked pretty good in the S&W.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey N.E.

I haven't shot the rimfire in the T/C Contender but would love to try it. Do you think the .223
diameter would allow the rimfire adapter to work O.K.? Any idea who would carry them?
Thanks!

Ron

Posts: 16 | Location: N.C. | Registered: 16 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not seen any for sale in a long time...but I have not been looking either. You might try Smith and Wesson direct. the S&W Jet pistol came with 6 inserts they might still have some at the factory.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote