New
Find
Notify
Tools

.404 reamer from 4D
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone used the 404 Jeffery reamer from 4d Rentals, and how well did it match to the ammunition youtested with?

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I get all my reamers, both standard and custom designed, from PTG.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fireball168
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1332 | Location: IN | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I already use PTG for most everything. Brand is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for actual dimensions compared to currently available ammo. In the past I have rented a couple reamers that were a bit oversize from what I would like to see. 4D says to just look at the dimensions on their website,and I really doubt those dimensions are correct.

If I have to I'll just call Dave and have him grind me another reamer, but really don't want to drop another 150+ if there is a good tight rental out there.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I would bet you a coffee that both Elk Ridge and 4D contacted a reamer supplier and request a reamer cut to Saami Spec. I agree I doubt 4d measured his reamer. He simply posted what the reamer is supposed to cut. If you are looking for a chamber to fit a specific ammo or case probably the only way you will get there is to have a reamer cut to minimum clearance to fit your case or ammo.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fireball168
posted Hide Post
The only reason I brought up the brand is, call Kathleen or one of the girls at PTG - she'll send you the print for the reamer Elk Ridge has ordered/renting.

Compare the print to what you want to shoot and go from there.

Posts: 1332 | Location: IN | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buying the reamer only hurts once. Renting one is an unsure bet at best. And never lend it. No one recalls who borrowed my 6.5 lawndart reamer.

M 404J Reamer courtesy of PT&G is pretty perfect.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote