Find
Notify
Tools

McMillan vs. Accurate Innovations
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted
If you had a choice of stocks for a hunting rifle which would you choose. I know the McMillan is accurate enough but how does the Accurate Innovations stand up? I sorta like the looks of Walnut in a hunting rig but accuracy must come first. Rifle will be used for some long range hunting and shooting. Thanks and God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
If I had to beat the hell out of a stock, I would rather it be the AI. It is ugly right off the bat so the fight would be short. Big Grin Either stock would be fine. The AI has more of a tactical look where the McMillian has more of a traditional appearance. The Marine Corps uses McMillian.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only Accurate Innovations, not Accuracy International, stocks, that I have worked with were 2 laminates and 1 walnut. All three were nicely finished and looked great. The only drawback I see is that they are heavy.
I think Westpac has the Accurate International in mind when he calls it tactical and ugly, and I agree.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote