New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has an Outers Foul Out System?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Are you pleased with the results? What is the output rating on the AC adapter (VDC & mA)

Thanks, Rob

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Rob - IF you are considering using the Foul Out system, be amazingly careful attempting to clean gun bores with electrolysis. More than a few barrels have been frosted through improper use. Let the chemical get weak or leave the system on too long and your bore is toast.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
What Zero Drift says is true. I'm one of those that ruined a barrel with it. Mostly my fault, but who reads instructions anyway? If you don't change the electolyte the middle of the bore WILL get pitted. I had a bad fouler. Trying to get the copper out I put the Foul Out on it and left it overnight. When I poured the stuff out of there it was kind of orange in color. The instructions clearly tell you how to use the product. I just didn't read closely enough. I've still got the thing but it's been years since I've used it just because of the possibility of forgetting. Works good if you follow instuctions.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rob, I have used one for almost as long as they have been made and have never had any problems. I just followed the instructions. They are simple and very effecive. I have never had any problems with it. The transformer says 5 VAC and .45 A for output.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for them working well, no problems in 10 years. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote