New
Find
Notify
Tools

gunstocks
 Login/Join

Picture of 1cav sgt ret
posted
does anyone have any experiance with great american gunstocks www.gunstocks.com???have read the bad reports on richardsmicrofit and i dont think Ill buy from them

Posts: 48 | Location: scurry tx | Registered: 30 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey 1st Cav, I don't have experience with Great American Gunstocks but a bunch of guys on the forum do, Jeffeosso being one. I haven't seen any bad comments. Regarding Richard's Microfit, I have seen the uncomplimentary comments here on the forum but I have had good luck with them.

I had dinner one night in Phan Thiet with a bunch of 1st Cav guys. Can't remember what year but between 1967 and 1970. Were you ever based in Phan Thiet? I'm 130 miles west of Dallas. If you are in this area email me and we'll have coffee or a beer.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used them once, and everything was satifactory.

Posts: 432 | Location: Baytown, TX | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used two of their stocks, and found them very satisfactory. I spoke with and ordered directly through Henry Pohl, the owner, and was more than pleased with what I got.

Here's a link to a much earlier thread with pics of those stocks.
http://www.nookhill.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=005771

Try them, you won't be disappointed. I was never really disappointed with RMF, but, in the future, all of my stocks will be from Great American.

Good luck,
Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of 1cav sgt ret
posted Hide Post
thankx for the info Todd,great looking stocks where did you find the gripcap/Brownells? and how did you work it out

Posts: 48 | Location: scurry tx | Registered: 30 July 2003Reply With Quote