New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB Sig Sauer Sight Adjustment Tool
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
$200+ for a tool to use one time (?). Would most gunsmiths have one? or be able to move my P200 rear site?

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1111 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
Most gunsmiths get fed up and build a universal sight press after destroying a few of those little $200 toys. Those small presses are meant for shooters who will only use them a few times. I have bought several over the years and quickly destroyed them. The grown up versions are much more precise and controllable, VERY EXPENSIVE to make, but make up for their cost by lasting a lifetime.

statans press3 by Rod Henrickson, on Flickr

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I only use Sig pistols, own several, and change the sights every six years or so. I have the Sig factory tool. I have used the toy over thirty times, and it works absolutely great in my admittedly special situation.

Find a gunsmith with a real tool. If you have no luck, you can send me your slide, and new sights. I will change them out and send everything back in the same shipping box. You just pay the shipping. Then go spend some money with a gunsmith for something.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote