THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Leupold, Out of Adjustment Room, any ideas?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gal: Are you intimating that the problem you are suffering with is caused by the Leupold?
Sounds to me like the problem is most likely with the construction of the Rifle! Or possily the rings and/or bases are incorrectly constructed!
That model Leupold has plenty of adjustment. Apparently just not enough to cure the problem with your Rifle or the rings/bases.
Good luck with curing the situation.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
VarmitGuy, I looked in the Leupold catalog and that Leupold has 35 inches of adjustment vs. 64 inches in the Conquest.

I had this happen with my other model 70 375 as well and as I mentioned I put the Conquest on and it solved it.

May go the Conquest route but first I'll visit the Gunsmith to see about a custom base.

Thanks for all the input.

Jim

Posts: 134 | Location: dallas,tx | Registered: 29 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the same problem.

Getting a custom-fitted base is probably the ideal solution, but for a less-expensive, quicker option, call Leupold. They're sending me factory shims and slightly longer base screws. They are .012 inches thick each, if I remember right. Leupold said they should adjust POI 12" at 100 yds each. Since I'm off 4.5" at 50yds, one should get me into the scopes range of adjustment and two might put me close to the center.

Steve

Posts: 1730 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote