THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Changing Dutch M95 Bolt handle- any suggestions or recommendations?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changing Dutch M95 Bolt handle- any suggestions or recommendations?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I guess I am fishing for a smith that has done this with nice results. I have several of these that have been bubbafied. The main thing preventing me from turning one of them into a project rifle is the bolt handle. The handle is too short and the knob too large to look right. I need something that looks a little better and is closer to the stock. Even a G984/40 or Carcano carbine type bolt handle would be an improvement. Does any one ever out a Mannlicher Schoenauer handle on these?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I love this rifle.

Dutch

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brownell's offers a small selection of weld-on spoon-type handles shaped like the Brnos and Mannlicher-Schoenauers and Mausers. I put one on an 1888 Commission Mannlicher and it looks fine, plenty long enough while hugging the stock more closely. It's the middle one in this pic.

I chose the shape I thought most similar to the early M-S rifles, but one of the others would look just as good.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
J.D.
Thanks for the Brownell's tip.

Richj

I think that rifle helped me get started down this road. I really like this view of it after it was checkered. Finding that Lyman sight is going to be tough though.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich, I have one of those Lyman swinging peeps for an 1888 Commission Mannlicher, it looks VERY VERY similar to the one in the photo. I'm fairly sure there's a difference in the ejectors but am unclear on the exact details of your Mannlicher. If you're interested then I'll take photos of my sight details and you can take photos of your ejector details and we'll compare.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i think the swing arm is slightly longer on the m88 sight but that shouln't be a problem.

Posts: 107 | Location: alvin texas | Registered: 09 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A bolt handle like this would be nice.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Here's an '03 Greek. Haven't gotten too far.

before

after

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Richj
That is really clean for a Greek MS- All I have ever seen are the corroded ones....