New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any pictures of teflon coating?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How does it look? I was told it was the best looking coating. Does it look good with wood?

Posts: 172 | Location: Lockport Illinois | Registered: 16 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EDMHUNTER:
How does it look? I was told it was the best looking coating. Does it look good with wood?

The coatings look great...all depends on the look you are going for with the gun.

Below is a Savage 210 that I customized and is refinished in teflon.

JC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a 300SAUM that I built on a Predator receiver. It was Tefloned by Walter Birdsong. I believe a lot of folks say Walter is the best with Teflon.

Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ShortandFat
posted Hide Post
If you have a teflon coated frying pan, get it out and have a look......same finish

regards
S&F

Posts: 463 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 26 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShortandFat:
If you have a teflon coated frying pan, get it out and have a look......same finish

regards
S&F

Not really...The coating on a frying pan is generally at a minimum 5-10X thicker, and is not even close to being as evenly distributed, (flat). Comparing the Teflon in a pan to Teflon proffesionally applied to a gun is like comparing generic latex wall paint to the paint finish on a fine automobile. Yes they are both paints and may even be the colors, but the texture and look and still very different.

JC

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcchartboy:
quote:
Originally posted by ShortandFat:

regards
S&F

Not really...The coating on a frying pan is generally at a minimum 5-10X thicker, and is not even close to being as evenly distributed, (flat). Comparing the Teflon in a pan to Teflon proffesionally applied to a gun is like comparing generic latex wall paint to the paint finish on a fine automobile. Yes they are both paints and may even be the colors, but the texture and look and still very different.

JC

Yeah, but they both still taste like chicken!

Posts: 323 | Location: Northeastern, PA | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote