New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krag stocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm off on another retired guy adventure. Trying to avoid Richards because the laast one I got was totally frustrating. Norwegian Krag. Had this barreled action laying around forever. Now is the time. I know the American and Norwegian aren't the same. How far off would they be on a semi finished? I don't have one to replicate.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try here www.ssfirearms.com

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a cracked but repaired cut-down military stock setting around that you can have for the postage. It is a Norwegian Krag stock not a US. Would work for a pattern if you wanted to build it up to make your own pattern.
I went the Richards route years ago. Got one of the laminated stocks because the Krag stock is, in my opinion, fragile. I left wood on the left side, partially covering the side plate, because I wanted the extra strength. The original military stock does not have any wood on the side just on the bottom.
Bill

Posts: 313 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote