New
Find
Notify
Tools

Synthetic for Savage
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Savage MLII muzzleloader with the tupperware stock. I would like to replace the junk stock with a high quality synthetic. I think a stock inletted for the Savage model 10 short action can be modified to fit the MLII. Anyone know of a source? Thanks, Stoney

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really don't know if it will will work.
Besides the fact that you would have to fit the ramrod, which yould be a bear in and of itself,
the MZ does not have a magazine or box or anything, so you would have a big gaping hole to fill in the bottom of your stock.

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the ramrod, but I have seen the factory magazine filled with aluminum expoxied in place. Stoney

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are not cheap, but not as pricey as a McMillian. I have one on my Savage 112 and love it! No idea weather the muzzloader will fit a 110 inlet (with minor fitting) but it never hurt to ask.

http://www.savageshooters.com/sharpshooters/CustomStocks.html

They do several styles, you could get the "tactical" style and have a tactical muzzlloader. Sorry, just amuzing myself.

Friends don't let friends use see through scope mounts!

Posts: 130 | Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I E-mailed Sharpshoter. Their monte carlo sporter will work, but it is 2.5lbs. I'm looking for something like the Brown "Poundr". Unfortunately, Brown does not build a stock for the Savage. Anyone have a web site for Bansner? Thanks, Stoney