New
Find
Notify
Tools

blueberry?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Another question not related to guns. What is a "blueberry" in computer-speak? Is it something like a cookie or an aplet?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
<Patrick_D>
posted
Are you sure you mean blueberry, and not blackberry?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure; my sister clued me in about this mystical fruit thing and she is less computer-literate than me. I was hoping someone out there would know what one is or had heard about them.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This may be what she is takling about.
Blackberry wirless handheld devices

Posts: 11 | Location: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: 25 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of South40
posted Hide Post
One of the new MacIntosh PC's comes in a iridescent blue color, and is called a "blueberry". Could be what she is talking about.

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tag:
I don't know if this blueberry thing is a piece of hardware, but I doubt it. I am inclined to think it's some kind of virus or something some pinhead with too much time on his hands and a bent for mischief dreamed up to frustrate computer goobers like me. No one seems to know what it is, so let's just drop it. If it's something bad, let's all hope we don't get one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So Rootbeer,Are you saying that the "blueberry" might just be a "raspberry"? lol derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
Maybe a "Bullberry" ?? [Wink]

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guy's, could this be a new name for "Easter Eggs"?
You used to see them in some games, hit the right combo in the right order, to get a special scene and extra points.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking it's something bad. A radio station wouldn't warn listeners who are also computer users about something good, would they?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Beats the hell out of having a dingleberry.

Paul

Posts: 130 | Location: Davenport, IA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be your huckleberry.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heard the commercial for myself today on the radio-- it's blackberry and is a hand-held thing like a Palm Pilot. Like I need one of those things... I must be the last guy in America who doesn't have a cellphone. Don't want one, either. If you have a cellphone, people can get in touch with you! That's the last thing I want.