THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for someone to work on metallic sights.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know of a craftsman that doers good work restoring and repairing old Lyman, Marbles, reciever and tang sights?

Seems that I've been looking around for years.

Thanks, Rob

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
What kind of work do you need done?

Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Marbles Flexible tang sight for a Sav. 99 that doesn't pop up automatically and doesn't stand verticle when you push it up. Probably needs to disassembled, cleaned and adjusted.

Rob

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That doesn't sound too tough.
I have a ton of sight repair kits for various jobs.
You don't need to send things to an 'expert' because they don't exist.
An 'expert' in my opinion is someone who basically does it all and has insight and experience from stuff they have done in the past.
I like to call them professionals.
Any old gunsmith that has been around will work.

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Spencer,

I agree with your assessment but I already took this one apart and it didn't go back together correctly. Part of it is, I believe, there's a special tool required to kep the coil spring compressed. I think it also must be registered correctly.

If you have a repair kit for this for sale I'd certainly be interested.

Thanks for the advice and my email is recoil@optonline.net if you have the kit.

Rob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave James in Tok, Alaska has parts and works on Marbles sights. He is a really nice guy and good to deal with. His phone is 1-907-778-2274, give him a call.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks wiktor,

I had seen his name in my "OLD GUNSIGHTS" but wasn't sure he was still active. Will call him this week.

Regards,
Rob