New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bennie Laubscher 7x64
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have decided to buy a Bennie Laubscher 7x64 being sold here in England.

I am told that they are a well thought of maker in SA.

But what sort of accuracy would I expect at 100 yards with good factory ammunition?

Also any opinions of this, his medium calibre, rifles would be welcome.

Thanks all!

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enfieldspares:
I have decided to buy a Bennie Laubscher 7x64 being sold here in England.

I am told that they are a well thought of maker in SA.

But what sort of accuracy would I expect at 100 yards with good factory ammunition?

Also any opinions of this, his medium calibre, rifles would be welcome.

Thanks all!

A lot of that depends on the nut applying pressure to the trigger. Wink

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Never heard of him

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Laubscher & Joubert rifles are out there, and seem to be quite high-end builds.

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karoo
posted Hide Post
He is a gunsmith/ builder from Paarl, South Africa. I have seen some of his rifles and they are good.

Posts: 787 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Are they good enough to kill with?
Then, that's OK with me.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

This is the rifle of which I write. I have satisfied myself that the 'nut applying pressure to the trigger' will be adequate to the task of testing it...

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful looking rifle. Proper lines.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Proper, indeed!

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bennie and his team know what they are doing, both bolt action and double guns.

Regards

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I like the cross-over chequering, something we don't see much of these days. If the barrel and bedding are as good as the finish, it should should group within one or two MOA - well enough for stalking distances in Africa and the UK. What is the asking price, if that's not a rude question?

Posts: 5095 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi. I bought in UK £ 3,250 including the Swaroski Habicht 3-10x42 A 'scope and the rifle's fitted (but oh gosh heavy, heavy, heavy) full length case.