THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Does anyone know what action the Cooper is based on, or is it a proprietary design?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone know what action the Cooper is based on, or is it a proprietary design?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Pictures of the Cooper actions are here. Thanks.

http://www.cooperfirearms.com/actions.html

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
These are proprietary and Cooper does a real nice job with them. I've got only one so far...

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
I also have a Cooper 21 in 223. Still need's a scope but is very pleasing to the eyes as far as finish and stock goes. I have a Leupold LR 8.5-25x 50mm that I was going to use but after mounting I think the 6.5-20 40mm would look much better. They also have a excellent trigger, one of the best I have felt and easy adustment

one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess they don't come in lefthand?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, every Cooper type is now available in left hand (I think they charge $150 extra)

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What kind of accuracy are you guys getting from these rifles? Any problems?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are those "house payment" prices for the completed rifle or just the action? Whoa, Nelly!!! I see they don't offer a 30-06. So LH is $150 extra? Somebody get me a trial lawyer on the blower; I think I'm the victim of some sort of discrimination. I certainly hope I am; I have to sue somebody to feel good about myself. Oy, gevolt!! Sticking with my order with MRC...

[ 07-19-2003, 04:55: Message edited by: rootbeer ]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote