Find
Notify
Tools

ED BROWN RIFLES? Savanna
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PATRIOT76
posted
I am purchasing an ED BRown Savanna in .308. It is glass bedded in marine tex from ed brown in a mcmillan stock with aluminum pillars. It has his 702 action with a 24" S/S Krieger barrel #4 contour with 1-12 twist. It comes with Talley mounts. It also has a Jewell trigger.
What do you think of this rifle? what would you pay for one with 50 rounds thru it and in 99.9% condition?

http://www.edbrown.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/00160.1.262478072061390707

http://www.edbrown.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/00160.2.049979707761390707

Posts: 442 | Location: usa | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I have not shot any Ed Brown rifles, but I saw a Savanna model "slam fire" on bolt close on a range this summer. I don't think the guy who owned it figured out why.

I would enquire why the rifle is for sale. It certainly has top grade components. Wink

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You see them around the internet for anywhere from $2000 to about $2350 advertised in "like new" condition.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A slam fire is not a condition that Ed Brown would accept under any case with one of his rifles when it left his shop. Having said that one of my hunting friends has 2, I have shot them both, one is .06, one is .270, so a longer action, but very smooth, and extremely accurate, personally witnessed 1/2 minute at 200 yards. I'd think something around 1800 to 2k would be a fair deal...

Good Luck--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
These look to be very fine rifles. I have never shot one, but a guy at the Rifle range has one and is having a hard time getting under 1 moa with it. I told him to send it back.

Posts: 20 | Location: midwest | Registered: 27 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PATRIOT76
posted Hide Post
bump

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a Brown rifle about 15 years ago in 450 Ackely. It wouldnt feed any rounds from the magazine. I sent it back and they fixed it but that soured me that they permitted it to leave there shop in that condition and I never purchased another.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
PATRIOT76

I would bid 2000-2200$ for the rifle. Slam fire on remington style rifles can happen if the trigger been adjusted incorrectly.

When is the rifle built?

Cheers
/JOHAN

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I have a Savanna in '06 and it's a terrific rifle.

I think a fair price for the rifle you describe would be in the $2,200-2,300 range.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13473 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PATRIOT76
posted Hide Post
thanks for feedback!!! I cant wait to get it and shoot it