Find
Notify
Tools

M600 to 458 SOCOM
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
I have a couple of M600s and was going to install a Remage 458 SOCOM barrel from Tromix on one. One is a 243 and one is a 223 action. I was thinking of using the 243 and having a AR15 magazine bottom metal so I can use Lancer AWM mags. Does anyone know through experience which bottom metal to use? I would like to preserve the 223 action and use it to make up a 223 practice rifle as a Scout. Cheaper ammo and can be used on varmints. Anyone? Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No one makes a bottom for a 600 that will take mags, as far as I know. And if your 600s are nice, they are worth more as is; start with a 700 instead.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been contemplating that very thing, except I would make it a 458 ham'r. That would allow me to load for the stronger Remington action without having to worry about inadvertently putting the wrong cartridges in my AR.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I Hadn't thought about that. But I already have the GO - NO GO gauges. And don't want to get more. The barrel is already chambered and here at the Ranch. The problem is still which bottom metal to use? Anyway, it depends on what the 'smith wants to use. Be Well, Packy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
All my 600s are well used. Not collector pieces. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Does anyone make bottom metal for a 600 that takes mags? If they do I will be very surprised.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote