New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bases for Model 70
 Login/Join

<RENRAF>
posted
I recently purchased a Win. Model 70 FW in 300 WSM, and I am having one hell of a time getting scope bases to work and not look like crap. First I ordered a one piece Millett for a M70 SA (doesn't fit) Called up the M/O house I ordered it from, and they sold me the 2 piece Millett. Got home last night and went to mount the scope and voila, the rear base (with the windage adjustment screw) hangs over the action opening about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch. Looks like crap, and sure doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about loading and ejecting. Anybody else have a similar experience? If so, how did you make it all good?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Leupold dual dovetails. Look great, high quality, strong as all get out, and inexpensive.

one of us
posted Hide Post
RENRAF,
i have two model 70 and a win 670 which is basically the same reciever but with a different safty set-up. i have Redfield and Burris one piece bases on them and they do protrude over the reciever opening but in all the years i have using them other than not fitting perfectly they do not interfere with loading or ejecting. maybe the Leopold or Bueler or control mounts fit better.
Rick

Posts: 47 | Location: California | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have Talley's on my 300 WSM and they fit fine and look equally good.

Posts: 111 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 16 December 2000Reply With Quote
<chuk>
posted
Try the new talley ring/base combo setup. They look good are strong and don't hang over the ejection port. They are also only $35 a set. Give them a call at (307) 436-8724.

chuck