New
Find
Notify
Tools

11-87 problem
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm helping a co-worker with his 11-87 Super Mag. He was having problems with the carrier sticking in the "up" position. (Bear with me, I have never had an auto, and I don't know what all the parts are called.) The owner had messed with it, and broke the Carrier Latch.

I replaced the Carrier latch, now I see the original problem. With the trigger guard/carrier assembly removed, or assembled, the carrier sticks in the up position, unless the Carrier Latch is pushed back away from the Carrier release.

The gun's owner said it had been like this since new, I suspect it is assembled wrong. Trying it a different way tonight, but I sent the carrier latch spring into never-never land. So, I ordered a new one tonight, with a new Carrier Release.

Aside from being a parts changer, anyone have an idea? How should the carrier release and the carrier latch interact? A close-up picture of an 11-87 that works would be a big help.

Thanks

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Hope this helps
This is a out of my 3" 11/87 , Yea it needs cleaned .
I just got back from shooting skeet with it .
I don't think they changed anything when they streched it to 3.5"

BTW I hope your freinds 3.5" 11/87 works better than the one I owned for a while
2 trips to Remington didn't fix it

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the picture. I should have my parts tomorrow, and I'll try again.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you would like a schematic of the 11-87, go to www.brownells.com web and in the right hand corner when the home page shows up there is a little box with a schematic on it. cllick it and a list of guns will come up and select yours and it will show you. hope i helped.

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote