New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ from Magnum Research
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The Magnum Research CZ 550's have the receiver tapped for regular mounts. Does anyone know what kind of bases might fit?

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I thought the Magnum Research rifles were SAKOs modified with screw holes, not CZ. Have they switched?

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Checked their web page... it's Sako and the profile is same as Rem 700.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The magnum research Mountain Eagles were modified Sako actions and use Remington 700 bases. The Magnum Research CZ's are referred to as "Minnesota" CZ's. I work part time in a Gun Shop (on Mondays) and we have one. I think a Browing A-Bolt might fit, but I am not sure.

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clearing that up. Too much for my backassward brain to manage.

posted Hide Post
I have an MRI CZ550 "Minnestoa" in .308. My manual says the "Minnestoa" is contoured, drilled and tapped for Rem. 700 two piece bases. An e-mail from Mike, the gunsmith at CZ-USA confirmed this.

Someone, please tell me more about this "modified Sako action." This is the first I've heard of it.

Thanks!

Posts: 20 | Location: Montana | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
My friend's rifle is the Magnum research Mountain Eagle which has a SAKO action that has the dovetail bases milled off. His has a Krieger barrel in 270 but I can't remember if it's button rifled or cut.

one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I`ve one of the Sako actioned Krieger barreled Mt Eagles. I believe mine was advertised as being a cut barrel. I`ve since heard Krieger has manufactured a button rifle barrel for Weatherby and sells them under the "Criterion" (??)name.

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote