New
Find
Notify
Tools

GunsAmerica.. contact info?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have contact info for GunsAmerica?
Phone or internet..

I've had a problem with one of their FFL receiving dealers charging 5X the amount he states in his ad.

Thanks!

Posts: 125 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 11 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
good question i just went to site to try find out but no luck if you find out let us know also please

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I contacted the dealer where I bought the rifle. He said there was NO phone number that he knew of.
Advised me to try: support@gunsamerica.com.

I did. No reply as of yet.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ill bet you dont get any help from GA. They could care less.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:
Ill bet you dont get any help from GA. They could care less.

What's the name of the guy that owns/runs that site? It was a somewhat different name that escapes me right now. Sounded Greek or something I think.

Anyway, agreed on the above. They are FAMOUS for not caring, and even abusing or pissing off people.

Very bad business manners, but the site just keeps on going. I guess people are looking for deals, and figure that they never have to deal with the site admin, but on the few occassions that they do.... Eeker

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've had a problem with one of their FFL receiving dealers charging 5X the amount he states in his ad

The amount he had posted or the amount he quoted you when you contacted him before you closed the deal?

I never believe a posted price on anything. I've had to many people say oh those prices are 2 years old. I haven't gotten around to updating my price list. While the local WalMart might honor an incorrect posted price most small places will not. I verify everything ahead of time. Less surprises that way.

I agree with the others I have found GA to not really give a $hit about giving support as long as they have plenty of listings and get their money for the sale.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I DID get a short reply from GA. Said they would remove the guy from their FFL list.. And did!!

Thanks to ya'll who replied.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by michauxii:
I've had a problem with one of their FFL receiving dealers charging 5X the amount he states in his ad.

Out of curiosity, what was the original quote, and what did it end up costing?

I just can't figure out how he was low enough in the first place to quintuple it and still be "reasonable", or if his final figure was completely outrageous.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There listing on GunBroker, Auction Arms, and GunsAmerica reads,"FFL Transfers $15."

After filing out the 4473, NICS check etc, they rang up $75.00.

I questioned this and their reply was, "The $15.00 price is only for used guns and guns we can't get."

And yes, I called before the rifle arrived to leave my home phone # and inquired about the transfer fee again. Same $15.

I raised enough stink on the internet that the dealer agreed to refund my money. Haven't gotten it as of yet.. but we'll see.

Of all the Big 3 internet auction sites, Auction Arms really stepped up to the plate. This dealer advertises with them and the other two.

Bob, the Exec.VP shot them an email. He was very professional and courteous to the dealer, but it was a no BS tone which included the statement that AA expected a refund sent to me and that the dealer was to contact AA when this was done.

Kudos to Bob at Auction Arms! I know which auction site will be my #1 choice in all future dealings!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add, most FFL transfer dealers in my "little rural" area charge a flat fee that ranges from $10 to $35. The average is roughly 20 bucks.

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
This is what a Whois search turned up on GunsAmerica:

RegTek Whois Envoy
PMB: 14728
400 Putnam Pike, STE D514
Smithfield, RI
02917-2442
US

Looks like they are trying to hide their identity !!!

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe the ffl dude is a asian dude.

I bought a rifle off a asian ffl guy at a gun show once. It was kinda funny. The guy was a imagrant and legal US citizen now and got his FFL licence and became a gun dealer.

He told me that ATF was always comming to his house and harrasing him.

He said stuff like " Who da Herr(hell) do de ATF peopre tink da ar. Im US citizen and have Ricence to serr guns. Im regal and not breaking any raws" dancing

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote