Find
Notify
Tools

thompson 30-06 into a 300 H&H
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Guys
I have a technical question for you. I have a thompson pro hunter single shot rifle and was wondering if i could have it rechambered from 30-06 to 300 H&H mag? I have had this done with a bolt action rifle in the past but sold it,stupid,so I would like to know if i can do it to this single shot bareel/rifle for something different?cheers

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
The simple answer is "yes" but, you have to be super careful on headspacing the TC. It can be done by hand by renting the reamer and headspace gauges.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Masterifleman:
The simple answer is "yes" but, you have to be super careful on headspacing the TC. It can be done by hand by renting the reamer and headspace gauges.

As there is no way to set the barrel back.
By hand and measuring often.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote