Find
Notify
Tools

Zastava
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jack,

Start when you receive the special McMillan stock I just ordered for it in Candy Apple Pink with the words 'Handcrafted by J Belk tel ......' in luminous yellow worked into the gel coat [Big Grin]

Should be good for some extra business from that sort of discerning customer.

My sako cost one dimensional dollars guess I'd better stick to it.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
1894---

Don't send that stock by UPS. My driver hates it when I chase him out of the yard with the package he just delivered. [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carcano91:
The CZ 527 is a nice, though somewhat frugal rifle. Its fine little action (which is far better than Zastava, though not actually ravishing) is a copy of the German Krico "old Model 400/410 small action" from the late 1950s / early 1960s - now that was a truly superb small Mauser action, probably the best factory little action ever made (apart from 6,5x54 and 8x51 Zivilmauser, and the semi-custom Hannes Kepplinger).

Following up unto myself *eek*...:
a) Browsing through the CZ leaflet, I wonder why they don't offer their 7,62x39 gun, rather as only in the no-frills utilitarian CZ 527 carbine version, with the wonderfully elegant 60 cms rifle barrel... *sniff*

b) I phoned to Austria today and spoke with Hannes Kepplinger and his wife briefly. Hopefully, I shall soon get more information. Their "small action" is an-all new house-made action, and practically a small series custom gun. The rifle is called "J�gerb�chse" and costs 1529 Euros. Not much for the superb quality, but not cheap enough for me :-(.

c) In addition, I am fraid that the Kepplinger J�gerb�chse is far away from the classic Mauser M 98 design. It is very modern (bolt locking in the barrel, integral "black box" trigger unit etc). A good gun, excellently finished, superb handling - probably the very best of all the factory 7,62x39 bolt action rifles, but not suited for the aficionados of classic forged-and-milled "all steel" actions.

Regards,
Carcano

[ 01-12-2003, 19:37: Message edited by: carcano91 ]

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote