New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmith in Central Texas?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone recommend a good gunsmith in Central Texas (i.e. Austin or San Antonio)? They seem to be a disappearing breed. I need someone to rebarrel an action. Or even just send the action off to Pac-nor and then do some other minor work (like put it back together again).

Posts: 93 | Location: san antonio, texas | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Do yourself a favor...get on I-35 and go straight to Hill Country Rifle in New Braunfels.

Matt and his crew will do right by you.

Phone: 830.609.3139
Web: www.hillcountryrifles.com

Good luck,
RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can second the vote for Matt at HCR, they have built 2 rifles for me. Very pleased with their work.

Posts: 44 | Location: Texas | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
I third the vote for Matt and the crew at HCR!!!! They built my .35 Whelen for me and will soon be getting my .375 H&H for some work.......Great guys to deal with!

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
<338Lapua>
posted
Check out Howard Dietz in New Braunfels. His work is top notch and well known in Benchrest.

I have Remington VLS 223 done by HCR that is also high quality. Howards prices are normally a little better than HCR and his work is as good or better, since he's been doing it A LOT longer.

IMHO FWIW,

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
KDF Incorporated
Johnny Cole, Gunsmith
2485 N. Hwy 46
Seguin, Texas 78155
Tel: 830-379-8141 - Fax: 830-379-5420
Email: kdfgunsmith@excite.com

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I have to jump on the Hill Country wagon too. They have done all or part of three for me and all are beautiful 1/2" rifles. Call Matt, he will let you talk yourself into it.

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote