New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schneider Rifle Barrels, Inc.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for any experiences (good or bad) any one may have had with a Schneider barrel.

I am thinking about using one on a project that I have upcoming.

Thanks,

C-ROY

Posts: 259 | Location: Carolina | Registered: 11 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had nothing but bad luck with Schneider barrels. Every time I've gone to Camp Perry and David Tubb showed up with his Schneider barrel, I got my ass kicked.

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one on a 7mmstw and it produces consistant 1/2" groups.It also has always fouled less than my other barrels even when new.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I had one in .220 Swift.....it was a fine barrel.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been in Phoenix several times for the Cactus Classic BR match.

One time a few years ago I decided to visit Gary Scneider and buy a barrel or two to try them out in my BR gun. We stayed really close to Gary Schneider and we called him several times to try to get to his shop and have a look and buy a few barrels from him.

He didn�t showed much intrest in us and answered that he didn�t have the time to show us the barrel making shop or even sell us any barrels.......

That�s MY experience of Mr. Schneider, I�ll stick to other barrelmakers........

Stefan

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I set 2 IBS Hunter Class records with Gary's bbls. in 1966. My wife Sara became the only woman to ever win the IBS six power"Shooter of the Year" in 2000 using one of Gary's bbls.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My absolute favorite .308 has a Schneider on it and it is a tack driver.