New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Winchester featherweight barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys, I need a Winchester featherweight takeoff barrel. Chambering doesn't matter as long as it is the featherweight contour that is used on todays Model 70 Classic action. I need the pattern to copy from. Thanks.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not a featherweight, but I have a standard weight from a model 70, year 1952. PM me if your interested.

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I need that featherweight pattern. Thanks anyway.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear Chuck,
I have a new 70 F/W in 243 if you need it. Want to borrow or buy? Up to you.

Aloha, Mark
kailuacustom@msn.com

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are from the US, borrowing, unfortunately, is not an option. I can get it here but could not get it back into your country. How much would you let it go for.

Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear Chuck,
I am in Oregon.

MP

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How much would you sell it for?

Chuck

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Chuck don't give up... your fax will be coming this week... been hunting!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a pre-64 Model 70 featherweight barrel that has been rechambered to 30 Gibbs. As far as I can tell they have the same contour as the featherweight classic barrels. I would let it go cheap since I don't have any use for it. If interested send me a PM.

Posts: 251 | Location: Newport, WA | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't given up Brad, I know it will be comming. I looked at that stainlees fwt barrel on GunsAmerica, and that is spot on with the cost to have that barrel turned down.

Have you tipped anything over yet?

Chuck

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Chuck, nope... have gotten into elk but nothing's worked out yet. My favorite honey hole was invaded this am by some unknown bloke who got there ahead of me and cut the bulls trail I was working... arghh... up early tomorrow and will go further in. We've got fresh snow so will be looking to cut a trail hopefully.

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
PS, the going rate for a stainless take-off bbl should be around $65 US or less. The bloke on GA is dreaming at $125 IMO!

one of us
posted Hide Post
chuck, I don;t have one for sale but if you just need to borrow one email me at rgv@uniserve.com