New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt Sauer Rifle Help
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A client brought in a Colt Sauer action that had been completely stripped & disassembled. He wanted the action to be re-finished & re-assembled & a new barrel installed. I have looked at the collection of a small parts, springs, and pins & don't have a clue how to assemble the bolt & trigger. I am looking for a gunsmith with FFL who is experienced with the Colt Sauer & willing to assemble the action. Thanks.

Posts: 477 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger.

In Otteson's book The Bolt Action, vol 2 that action is covered in great detail, 18 pages worth.

BUT that action is an NIGHTMARE to work on.
And this is an old Colt repair center worker from the 70' - 80's speaking.

I can dig thru the old Colt manuals to see if I still have anything about it if that may help.

Jim Wisner

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you can get hold of Bill Simmen in Vanderbilt PA, 724 529 7240 and ask if he can put it together. He's a ACGG level gunsmith, and can, if you want to sub the whole job to him, do it all. He's best reached about mid afternoon. You can also write him at 302 Zitney Rd, Vanderbilt PA 15486. He's also quite reasonable on his prices.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote