New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better trigger for Brno ZKK 602
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I,m after another trigger assembley for my Brno ZKK602. The standard brno triggers mount to the bottom metal while the CZ trigger mounts to the bottom of the action which my gunsmith feels is better. Does anyone know if the CZ trigger can be modified to fit to the brno action? Are any after market triggers available which will fit to the bottom of a brno 602 action so that it isnt mounted as part of the bottom metal.

The gunsmith is making new bottom metal for the new stock ,so this isnt a problem. The gunsmith has fitted other triggers to other 602s but took a fair bit of work, is there an easier way? Does any after market trigger fit?

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cr500

Did you ever get any info on aftermarket triggers?

I too would like to "smooth up" the trigger action on the zkk602 .458! If not aftermarket triggers - any other suggestions?

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didnt find anyone who made them for the ZKK602. My gunsmith wanted to mount it directley to the action ,not the bottom metal and has found a way to modify a CZ one to fit. It might be easier to buy a timney to fit a CZ and modify it to fit the Brno. It sounds like a fair bit of work though. For a budget gun ,it would probably be easier to work on the standard trigger from what Ive heard.
Brno where more popular in Africa than U.S ,so Ive started subscribing to some African mags and might be able to get some more info.

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Sorry, pal... as far as I know, it is what it is
j

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was talking to the gunsmith again today and he said he is going to draw up a design and make some for a his rifle ,another customers ,and mine. I,m not sure if it will be a modified Timney or CZ(or total custom). I know the trigger shoe for mine will be a hand made job. They will be mounted directley onto the action ,not connected to the bottom metal. It wont be a quick bolt on job by the sound of it. I dont think it will be ready for a while though.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you guys come up with a fix please post it. I have two 601s I want to modify. Appreciate any help.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Ditto what Bob said. I have a 223 601 that could use a lighter trigger. I like everything about ZKKs (including the "backass" safeties) except the triggers.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cr , who is your gunsmith. I have 2 602 actions and am very keen to upgrade them .
Mark

Posts: 277 | Location: melbourne, australia | Registered: 19 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is Gabe gatti up in Cairns. I,m not sure of the cost ,but it wont be super cheap or done in a super hurry most likely. If you want ,I can find more info ,or if you need his phone number ,drop me an email.