Notify
Tools

6mm-06 by Pac Nor
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted
Guys:

I have a Remington 700 LA,my plan is to turn it into a 6mm-06. I was considering having this done by Pac-Nor. Any input as to twist, barrell length, and Pac-Nor.

I have considered the other alternative cartridges, and have decided to build on the 06 case.

Thanks for your replys.

Jerry

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jerry:

I had Pac Nor put their stainless steel super select match barrel in 6.5-06 on a Model 700 blued action. They lapped the lugs and squared off the front receiver ring as part of the installation cost. The barrel is 26" long and I requested that they cut the chamber for the 270 Win. length cartridge at 2.540" vs. the standard 06 at 2.494". This was done at no additional cost. The barrel is super accurate and cleans very easily compared to others I have had. Two complaints often heard about them are, they don't clean out the lapping compound, and the marking of the caliber on the gun is "plain", instead of being nicely engraved. Delivery time was exactly what they stated. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Bill

Posts: 875 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
Bill:

Thanks for the reply. Funny thing, with the exception of the 270 neck length, and the 26", I plan to use the 28", I am going to build the exact same rifle. Sounds like I am on the right track.

Jerry

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I haven't used them for installation but I have (3) PacNor bbls. installed on rifles & one more in the works. i have found their bbls. to be very accurate & smoothly finished. I will cont. to use them, it's a good bbl. for the money.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I had one of the smiths that does instalations for them work on my .338 before pac-nor existed. His name is Rich Goulsbey(sp?) and his work was phenominal.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can highly recommend Pac-Nor. They've done a 6mm AI on a Rem 700 LA and a 25-284 for me on a Rem 700 SA.

For your 6mm, I'd recommend the 3-groove barrel with 1 in 10 twist in stainless super match. The twist should handle everyting from 55 grains up to 100 grains.

I had them cut my 6mm AI barrel at 26" in a standard Rem factory sporter contour. If I were doing it over again, I'd probably have them finish it at 24".

Good luck with whatever you decide. Keep us informed.

Posts: 100 | Location: Lubbock, TX | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few PacNor barrels and they all shoot extremely well.

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote