New
Find
Notify
Tools

model 7 bottom metal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am in need of stainless steel bottom metal for a Remington model 7 custom rifle. Does anyone know of any place where I can get one? PTG makes bottom metal for the model 7 but not in stainless. Otherwise I'm forced to use an ADL type triggerguard, not the end of the world but I rather have one with a floorplate. Thanks!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PTG had a limited run back in Feb and the girls answering the phone were not aware of it. One of the guys back in parts had them. Some had the Remington logo on the fp and others were blank. Try a phone call and ask around.
Good Luck
Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spoke to Dave at PTG and he just happened to have one left over from a run he's doing now and I should have it in a couple of weeks. Thanks manhasset!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, still waiting! Anyone else having trouble getting stuff from PTG?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think they are running behind, but they just shipped me a reamer. It was about 6 weeks later than the original time estimate.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Never had any problems with PTG, shipping was so quick it seemed like overnite. Try a follow up call ??
Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well was promised delivery on the 15th of July. When it didn't arrive I called again yesterday and asked about my order. Got an e-mail today saying delivery on August 25th. Replied by cancelling my order for the bottom metal. My customer thinks I'm lying to him and just not completeing delivery on the rifle and I just won't tolerate being lied to by suppliers. This is where a lot of gunmakers get a bad reputation I guess. The customer thinks he's being lied to and fact is the 'smith just can't get parts from his supplier who says he's going to ship and never does.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Had a similar experience with PT&G regarding a m 70 safety and shroud for a m 700 Rem. Was informed there were no shrouds being made. I canceled the order and and took delivery of the m 700 bottom metal I ordered at the same time. Months passed and, lo and behold, in the mail appears a M70 shroud and safety for the m700 which I had canceled. Geez. Now I have a m700 safety and shroud I do not need. I found another source in CO and was pleased with the quality and immediate shipping.

PT&G provides a great product line, however one needs patience and good communication for the transactions to be complete. This not PT&G bashing by any means, rather a cautionary of time when ordering any thing gun related. If we are not all careful, all gun parts and related activities will be made in China.

Luck,

Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote