Find
Notify
Tools

REPLACEMENT TRIGGER ON RUGER M-77 MARK II
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
which is better, or which one do yall prefer a BASIX OR TIMMEY

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another option would be to order a replacement sear spring from Wolfe springs and keep the Ruger trigger.I have not tried this myself but have been wondering what a difference it would make.I know the striker spring replacement is a good improvement over the original.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of .404
posted Hide Post
neither...Spec-Tech is the best

I pray for mud on my boots the day I die...
Go see the nights of Africa.....

Posts: 208 | Location: back home in the Tarheel state | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
one of us

Posted 16 December 2011 04:21 Hide Post
neither...Spec-Tech is the best

OK .404 just ordered a 860-001 spec-tech trigger from Brownells $78.00 hope its good

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
this trigger is OK..it could ues a little more polishing or.. it could use a little more time in the tumbler. has a few rough edges but ok...

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another option would be to order a replacement sear spring from Wolfe springs and keep the Ruger trigger.I have not tried this myself but have been wondering what a difference it would make.I know the striker spring replacement is a good improvement over the original.

I did just that for my Hawkeye .223. Really helped with the weight of the trigger pull. It definitely is worth the few bucks for the new spring. It's easy to change.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2326 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
I can't find my notes on it but iff you search the web you'll probably find info. Bassically you do need to polish things first, the one mod is to take the edge of the sear off at about 45 deg angle. Keep this angle edge sharp. Polishing touching surfaces will smooth things out a lot, include the pin hole. It can be cleaned up with lapping compound and a drill bit that barely fits. Turn the bit around so the smooth part of the shank is used.
Lighter springs can be had easily. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Vines check your PM's.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BigNate
one of us

Posted 29 December 2011 22:48 Hide Post
Vines check your PM's.

Thanks BigNate

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I put a Timney into my Ruger RSM .458Lott early this year, but used the original Ruger spring, an option that Timney suggests. Had to carve a bit of wood off inside the stock but that was not a big issue, and again it was mentioned by Timney.

I've used the Timney triggers on only two rifles that had terrible triggers, but have been happy with both.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I replaced mine with a Timney and have been very happy with it.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigNate:
the one mod is to take the edge of the sear off at about 45 deg angle. Keep this angle edge sharp.

Polishing touching surfaces will smooth things out a lot, include the pin hole.

I'm wondering about those two statments.

I thought the sear engagment should be 90 deg angle?

Also wouldn't polishing the pin hole allow it to not fit tight, thus allowing a slight amount of wiggle?

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I put spec techs in 4 of my ruger MKII rilfes so far and just ordered another one.

They are easy to install and work well

Posts: 19581 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
I too vote for the Spec-tech trigger. I have used them all and have been satisfied with all, but like the Spec-tech, best for a Ruger.....Tom

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote