New
Find
Notify
Tools

G33-40 custom bases for Talley rings
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I enticed Jack Belk to make me a set of bases for Talley rings and do a lot of work on a G33-40 action that Im going to build myself a 7x57 fwt. on..I knew they would be nice but I had no idea just how good the would look, wow! I can't post pictures unfortunately but I would send pics to your email if your interested...He is a master metal smith, never ceases to amaze me.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must have missed something. I thought Jack Belk was living out in the desert somewhere.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jack Belk is a crook. I would have said he was a shylock but didn't know how to spell it!

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jack has done some great work for me, over the years, and treated me fairly, and lives about 50 miles from me..

Kobe, If your going to call a man a crook,at least have the balls to do it to his face..Its pretty chicken shit and Donald Trump like to play it safe a thousand miles away..

Don't forget I sent you two custom rifles to fix and after a number of months and no response from you I "politely" called and inquired about my guns. You said you choose whose guns to fix and when to fix them..I said send them back and when I got the the guns the checkering was ruined on one gun. At that point I was out a hundred dollars in shipping and 200 to have the stock repaired, your wrapping was a sorry mess and the guns rubbed together..I have never said a word to you about that until now, I just let it go and had the stock recheckered and bit the bullet..I won't call you a crook on the internet because that's our business not the whole world of the internet.

I don't appreciate you hijacking this thread with sour grapes BS..take your BS someplace else.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
People seem to forget how that crook scammed so many people about his supposed cataract surgery, remember that? I didn't say he wasn't talented, I said he was a crook.

You seem to be calling the kettle black now!

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray, could you send me photos please?

Posts: 10702 | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kobe,
I don't care and don't know about all that..All I know is you stuck your nose in where it doesn't belong..The thread is about the mounts he made for me..His problems with somebody is between him and that somebody..You just hi jacked a thread accusing him or for that matter anyone else is of no concern to me..You have his contact information, take it up with him not me or in anther thread that you instigated.

Your out of line, end of story.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
S Cat,
Send me your email, I can't post pictures on AR but I can send them to your email..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just stop me when I'm lying! He got me for $500

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe so Jim, but that's between you and Jack, just like you got to me for about $500 on those guns I sent you, but that's between you and me,so just let it go. Its not my problem, get over it or take it up with Jack..Thats what I did with you, I just wrote it off and let it go.

This thread is about a damn nice set of bases on a rifle that Im going to stock for myself, end of story.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
for Ray

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lindy..These bases are considerably lower than Talley and will make the g33-40 more iron sight friendly when the scope is off. I will use the Talley peep for irons, along with a barrel band swivel and NECG barrel band front Partridge with gold bar insert bead. It will be on the lines of a Rigby or Selous/bell type rifle in either 7x57 or 30-06, I have a hard time with the 30-06,its just so damn good when you try to compare!!!..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray, do you have a side view handy? I can post it for you if you like.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray's side view was out of focus or I would have posted that for him as well.

one of us
posted Hide Post
my photography is almost as bad as my computer skills,,Im pretty savvy on the side of a mountain with my horse and rifle, and I am an excellent tracker still trying to catch up with the 20th century, well not really!! old

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Im pretty savvy on the side of a mountain with my horse and rifle, and I am an excellent tracker still trying to catch up with the 20th century, well not really!! old

tu2 tu2

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote