Notify
Tools

Re: M70 feeding and accuracy problems *pics*
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted
Nebraska:

Just looked at your photographs. Your problem is the same as I described. The rim of the cartridge is trapped under the ejector.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Nebraska:

Just looked at your photographs. Your problem is the same as I described. The rim of the cartridge is trapped under the ejector.

What's the solution for that? Thanks.

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unlike my other M70, the follower pops out of the mag box at an angle when I shut the floor plate. After I straighten it out with my fingers, it does it again as soon as the bolt touches it(on an empty chamber) and also when I run the bolt after my first/second shot. I'm not sure if the cause is in the front or rear area of the magazine. Maybe something is hanging it up/binding in the back or maybe the follower/slide rails aren't the right width in front. I'll try and take some better pics to highlight the problem a little more.

I was told to order another follower and spring and that seems like an easy/cheap way to start. Thanks for the info so far. Any other suggestions? BTW - it's a 338WM.

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote