Find
Notify
Tools

Any Receiver Sight Experts
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
I have a FN with an Armstrong reciever sight on it. Anyone know what all the screws are for?

I figured out the release button. How to adjust windage and the lock screw along with the screw to insure return to zero. One that has me stumped is the front middle more like a knob. It has two postions. Almost looks like it tilts the eyepeace kind of like a double leaf express.

Any ideas?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Armstrong featured a "dual" zero meaning you could simply turn the knob and have your 200yd zero vs. the 100 yd one. I have a couple of these (not mounted) and they seem well made. As to the accuracy/percision of the switch, I can't testify. Also my description is slightly vague since I don't have them handy to look at. However, that was the concept.

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Armstrong featured a "dual" zero meaning you could simply turn the knob and have your 200yd zero vs. the 100 yd one.

Thanks, that is what it looked like it was doing to me.

The aperature is so small on this sight I'm not sure I could have seen through it at 17 but I know I can't at 57. Any reason why the hole could not be enlarged a little?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
See if the aperature will unscrew from the sight body. The ones on Lyman, Redfield and others do. If so see if the threads are cosistant with readily available aperatures from Lyman.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 309 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
See if the aperature will unscrew from the sight body

Yep it screws off. I compared it to the Williams I had and that Williams had a 10/32 thread. I miced the Armstrong and I get right at 6/32. The smaller Williams that I can find at Brwonells are 7/32. I didn't have a fine thread 3/16 but it is definitly smaller than 7/32.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K