Find
Notify
Tools

rem 600 stock ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of arky65
posted
anyone know where i can get a stock for rem 600?
i have tried all the usual suspects and no luck.

arky65

people that trade freedom for security become slaves

Posts: 245 | Location: arkansas/louisiana | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 113 | Location: WIsconsin | Registered: 22 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Might give Henry a try at Great American Stocks or www.gunstocks.com He usually has about anything you would want form ordinary to museum grade stuff. Just a suggestion.
Favor Center!!
dsiteman

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I misspoke. That stock did not make the move to my new digs.

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have been doing some 600's of late.

www.robertsoncomposites.com

one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
I would look at aHi-Tec. They used to have one for the 600/660. I have had a couple of these stocks. Be warned they are not drop in and will require some fitting and glass bedding. The couple that I have done myself and all the others I have seen have been top quality though. Very stiff and light.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used a HiTech Specialties stock on my .243 600, and it worked well. The dimensions are good and the stock is stiff. The stocks are available through Brownell's, and very reasonably priced. You will have to do some inletting, and paint the stock. I used "crinkle" paint from Brownell's and it turned out ok.

Posts: 235 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote