Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger pull weight
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted
When you get a customer that wants a new trigger and you the Gunsmith installs it for him....what weight of pull do you set it at. I ask because I have guys that I know have sent many rounds down range and pretty well know their stuff, then there is the guy who shoots less than 20 rounds mostly around deer season, do anything different for him then the other guy. I've also have the guy that does both (range and hunt) what is safe pull weight for the range... safe for the hunt...in the same weight range? I have a standard, just thought I'd get your take on it! Thanks.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I go for the 3-3.25# range. Key being to creep and safe.

Unless it is pure BR I leave the pull weight the same for bench, varmint and hunting.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What he said, most Bench Rest shooters set their on pull..

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 19 April 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
Whatever the customer asks for, within the recommended limits of the trigger. Because of liability I won't go below it. In Canada liability insurance for gunsmiths is simply not affordable.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
If I know the guy and he is good, then I'll normally set it where he wants. Never had a real shooter ask for anything unsafe.

Now for the rest, I set it equivalent to factory weights.

Liability insurance sucks and so does getting sued.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies guys...I pretty much keep CUSTOMER triggers around 3 lbs.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote