Find
Notify
Tools

Custom reamer help needed!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello,
My gunsmith has no reamer in stock for 7X57 Mauser, so he has offered me the opportunity to set all of the specs of a custom reamer and will split the cost with me. I have no idea where to start!! I know I want one that does not have the mile long throat, but, other than that I have no idea where to start!! How does one go about this?

Help! What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

HUNTR338

Posts: 88 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 10 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Call up Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool and Gauge.

http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/

Quote:

Pacific Tool and Gauge

PO BOX 2549 - 598 Ave C

White City, Oregon 97503

1-541-826-5808 FAX: 541-826-5304

Tell him that you want a 7x57 reamer optimized for 140 or 160 grain bullets (your choice depending on what you plan to shoot the most). The reamer will run you about $138.00, and the gauge another $30.00 or so. It will be done right. Their waiting time is a little longer than usual lately, but I feel it is worth it.

JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JohnCharlieNoak is right on! Dave Kiff will probably ask you to send him a dummy round with the bullet of choice seated to the depth you want. Thats what he asked me to do when I had the last custom reamer made. He puts out a quality product to say the least!

Ol' John

Posts: 111 | Location: Hondo, Texas 78861 | Registered: 16 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another excellent option is Dave Manson, Manson Reamers in Michigan. Do a search here and you'll find his number.

MKane160

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a standard Clymer 7 x 57 reamer if you want to rent it.
Write me. tblauwkamp@superior-sales.com

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guy's were spot on with the recommendation to contact Dave Kiff, already have a match grade reamer on order from him!!

Sincerely, thanks again!

HUNTR

Posts: 88 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 10 September 2003Reply With Quote