Notify
Tools

Vote to save a shooting range
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted
The Ben Avery Shooting Facility has been under attack for several years. There
are factions in the Phoenix area that are interested in shutting down the range.
The largest pressure is from developers that want to build in the area. One way
to help keep the range is to vote it a "Phoenix POINT OF PRIDE." So, please go
to the URL below and vote!

The Ben Avery Shooting Facility has been nominated as a Phoenix Point of Pride.
For the award, however, your vote is needed. From February 2 to March 12, 2004
the City is taking votes to determine who will be awarded this honor. Now is
your chance to get your shooting range the same reorganization as other major
recreation areas in the Phoenix Valley.

Anyone can vote, including non residents of the City or of Arizona, but you can
only vote once. Please send this email to all your friends. Now is our
opportunity to let the rest of the City know what you know, that the Ben Avery
Shooting Facility is your facility, for your sport.

Vote here

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I want to add this, all though I am sure most of us are thinking it:

This isn't just about the one shooting range, this is about all of our shooting ranges, this will help set a precedence and send a message. At least we have an opportunity to help save this one. My shooting club closed down in Dec., without much fanfare and without any effort that I know of being made to save it. I barely found up because I went up there and heard them talking about it. Then saw it in their last newsletter.

there is a move to take away not just hunting rights, but our places to shoot and enjoy our sport. Look to the future, when they start telling the liberals and uninformed "why do they need guns, there is nowhere to shoot around here."

I voted on this, took me all of about 60 seconds, probably run you less.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Voted. Took about 30 seconds max.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to here it . The nice big gun club shooting range I worked at in high school was destroyed by urban spall and all the urban clone people. There is a tole road going through the hills now and I am sure the land is packed with $500,000 houses on tiny lots for all the yupie urban clone people to live.
You cant stop or fight develpoment , its backed by big money and greed for more.
Hate to say it , but its a looseing battle.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Apparently you do not have to be a citizen of AZ to vote so I encourage everyone on this board to vote. I did.

Posts: 187 | Location: eastern USA | Registered: 06 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I voted as welll...

next the yuppies (non-native version) will try to vote out heat, scorpions, and humidity below 45%

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just voted. I probably won't travel from Maine to sight in any rifle's though.
We should do the same thing to politican's to let them know Gun Owners comunicate.

Posts: 67 | Location: Eddington,Maine, | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well worth doing. It ought to be interesting to see what happens.

Posts: 899 | Location: South Bend, Indiana | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Any one can vote, including non residents of the City or of Arizona, but you can
only vote once.

Like it says anyone can vote, even non residents of the state.

I encourage people who read this thread to not only vote, but copy it and email to all the people in your email address book. Who knows how many people can be reached, even outside of our little community.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I voted and sent the site to a number of other shooters in my address book.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Just cast my vote.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Done and done.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger, it's done. I sure have alot of folks in my address book and they are all getting it

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I cast my vote!

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My vote is in!

Posts: 178 | Location: Pearland, TX | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just put my vote in...hope it helps!

'Loader

Posts: 115 | Location: Bryan, TX, USA | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Unstable
posted Hide Post
you got my vote. good luck. I live in the middle of suburbia NJ.. you cant shoot a paintball gun here without 17 diffrent "parents groups" trying to sue you for damages. lucky we have one shooting range that most people dont know about. we really try to keep it that way too.

Posts: 201 | Location: NJ, USA | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scrollcutter,
I also voted.
Stepchild

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in.

My wife is from the Phoenix area, and I may actually end up moving out there someday.....

But looking over the choices, I'd be willing to bet that "BOB" (Bank One Ballpark) will be the winner, just from talking to people when we visit out there....

posted Hide Post
Even if that ballpark is the winner, the shooting range getting a lot of votes will show how important it is. I was hoping to find an email address or a nice comment field that I could add my own comments about how nice a tourist attraction that range is and that it would make me consider visiting there or at least passing through on a road trip.