New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Model 7 in .358 Win?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A friend just told me about a Remington model 600 barrel that he has sitting around. It was originally a .308, but his father had it rebored to .358 years ago. Can I screw this on a Model 7? Any problems associated with doing this? Anybody got a Model 7 action sitting around doing nothing?

Posts: 284 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't answer your question Hoss but if you don't do it I've got a 600 I could screw it on. Let me know if you don't use it. Thanks.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It should fit on a model 7, hoss. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am now the proud owner of this barrel. It looks great except for one tiny ding in the barrel threads, which I`m sure will clean up well. It will need a blue job eventually. The guy I got it from says it was done by Bishop Barrels a long time ago. It looks like they did a great job. Now, I know it will screw onto a model 7, how about a 700? I think the threads are the same but am not positive. I`m thinking about a model 7 in 7-08 and 358 switch barrel [Smile]
SWEET!

Posts: 284 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto the 700. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Hoss 101, I was serious with my above post. If for some reason you cancel this project I'm interested in the bbl. Thanks.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
HEY'
I purchased a Model 7 Mannlicher in 35 Rem.Had a .358 made out of it.I love that ccaliber,and have had several rifles ion that caliber.The Model 7,was the most punishing rifle I have ever owned.It might be why I have had to have rotor cup surgery.Just thought I let you know the down side.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com

<1GEEJAY>
posted
HEY'
I purchased a Model 7 Mannlicher in 35 Rem.Had a .358 made out of it.I love that caliber,and have had several rifles in that caliber.The Model 7,was the most punishing rifle I have ever owned.It might be why I have had to have rotor cup surgery.Just thought I let you know the down side.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com