New
Find
Notify
Tools

What kind of rings?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is mainly to test new digital equipment and hosting site, but what kind of rings are these on my Lyman Alaskan?

Thanks,

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first guess was Conetrol, but the rear is odd. Maybe it is an older design? It is possible that the scope is to be mounted so low that they had no room for a post and machined the bottom of the ring itself to fit the base. I don't know if Beuler (sp?) ever did anything like this. I am not familiar with their stuff. Now you have my curiosity up. I hope someone chimes in that knows. Jeff

Posts: 45 | Location: Helena, Mt | Registered: 12 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck, how are the top and bottom halves held together?
I can't really tell from the pic.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Beuhlers. Same as on my Lyman. 7/8" tube? Does yours seem to actually be about a 1 1/2 power? Mine is very clear and sharp but doesn't do much magnifying! Dot reticle in mine. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My guess also. Buehler is still in business in Orinda, CA. I believe. I think if you did a search you would find their number.

I can't tell you what the code is for that model but they sure look like Buehler to me. See my post on classified in a few minutes.

Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill, mine is the same as far as the clarity and magnification are concerned.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote