THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will a standard 98 Mauser cocking piece...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
fit and work on a 1910 Mexican Mauser, or does it require a model specific part?

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I believe the 1910 is standard 98; the 36 is the special knurled one.

Posts: 17182 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know about the knob on the 36. I just want to know if the 1910's cocking piece is dimensionally the same as one from a standard 98.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I thought so. Turns out the problem is not with the cocking piece but rather I suspect the bolt I bought with a 1910 action was from a M24/47 Yugo. Mad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It can be used, you just need to breech it differently.
Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Considering that it came with only an extractor (which appears to be for a Mexican bolt), and I have a spare Mexican bolt assembly, I will likely not be using the Yugo bolt. It appears to be in unissued condition, though. Anybody want to buy one?