Find
Notify
Tools

unertl scope crosshair repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted
Does anyone know where I can get the crosshairs replaced on a unertl scope?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
You could ask a firm called Iron Sight Inc., somewhere in CA, I think. They refurbished a Nickel scope I have (before I got it) and seem to have done a good job.

Posts: 5117 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not sure what the outfits name but there a place in OK. that make repairs on high end scopes

Posts: 369 | Location: lee' summit missouri | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to the ASSRA site and search there, lots of threads on repairing Unertls.

Easiest way is to go to google, and search "assra unertl scope repair".

I just did and came up with a whole bunch of discussions about it.

dave

Posts: 1116 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I started out with a google search. Called Iron Sight. They have two phone #'s. Called the 1st one, message said to call the 2nd one. Left message on 2nd number. No reply so far. Called Parsons. That are shutdown for the time being.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oklahoma place is over a year behind. I will check tomorrow and get the contact for the guy in Florida that I have used.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I got tried of trying to find someone to work on them so I bought some .0015 wire and done it myself. Quite a challange, but I got it done. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thousandths and a half is heavy cross hairs.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I could have went with .0005, but now I'm glad I went with the .0015. Replacing them is like doing Brain Surgery wearing Boxing Gloves.